1. Barracks | Characters storing service

Greetings Warmane community,

With the ending of Frostmourne Season I, we have encountered many questions regarding characters that will be transferred to Icecrown and there are many players unaware what occurs when there's more characters than the account limit allows. The limit of ten characters is widely known, but many players are still unaware it exists, due to never having reached that cap. But even then, we had devised a system, many years ago, for cases where the limit is reached, but many players were not aware of its existence as it only activated in times of need, such as in the case of realm transfers that add up characters beyond the limit. This system was only used for situations in which it was absolutely needed and we did not plan to offer it as a feature, until now.

We have decided to elaborate on how the system works and also provide it as a feature for all players. To avoid any confusion, all Frostmourne players, regardless of their contributor status, will be able to transfer their characters to Icecrown without any issues, even if they are at the account limit.

This feature is called Barracks. Any players that reach the account limit and have a forced addition of characters to their account (usually due to realm transfers), will have this system available at their disposal, regardless of their account status.

The characters can be set as active and as not active. Not active characters will not be displayed on your account and will be safely stored in web storage. Players can switch on the fly, however there is a set 10 minutes cooldown on the function.

Additionally, we have implemented this system as a feature that is readily available for contributors. A regular contributor will have 8 additional slots to store their characters from all realms. With the increase of contributor rank, the number of slots available for storage also increases. This feature will be available in the coming days.

Characters that are not active (as in, currently in Barracks) will show on the web services and cannot be listed on the trading system.

We hope you make use of this feature, and we hope this brings relief to many of those who are concerned about their characters!

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. I wish you'd let us reorder the list of characters.

3. Couldn't you just use the account linking system that's already in place?

4. Couldn't you just use the account linking system that's already in place?
    The problem with the account linking system is simple, once you have 10 characters on the primary account, then 10 characters on the linked account, you need to link yet another account. Those linked accounts also do not share the benefits from the primary account like premium status.

This new system is infinitely expandable and since it is still the primary account, the benefits are already there.

5. The problem with the account linking system is simple, once you have 10 characters on the primary account, then 10 characters on the linked account, you need to link yet another account. Those linked accounts also do not share the benefits from the primary account like premium status.

This new system is infinitely expandable and since it is still the primary account, the benefits are already there.
    Would it not be possible to give an option? I'd personally rather have my characters separated onto my linked account so I don't have to decide which ones to keep readily available without having to log off completely for 2 mins, and even if I decide to get premium on that as well, ez $10 for you guys.

6. Would it not be possible to give an option? I'd personally rather have my characters separated onto my linked account so I don't have to decide which ones to keep readily available without having to log off completely for 2 mins, and even if I decide to get premium on that as well, ez $10 for you guys.
    Agreed such a better solution. Already having 4 vip acc... (not gonna make the same mistake doing a seasonal on a full acc)

7. is it not possible to add both of those systems?
    linked account for the ones that want to transfer them into a new account and barracks for the others

8. imagine doing daily rhc on 20 char, and u have to activate and deactivate your characters on website omegalul kekw

9. I wish you'd let us reorder the list of characters... Like it was in Cata and forward

10. you could simply give the possibility to transfer the characters to a new account.

11. Good morning,

Will be able to restore / save old characters from Cataclysm realms? We were told all the server related information e.g. characters, etc.. would be saved in a file. Cataclysm comming back probably wont happen but who knows

12. What is this system please? I can't find anything?

The account linking system, sorry.

13. Famous horizontally scalable containers interact application good good

14. What is this system please? I can't find anything?

The account linking system, sorry.
    This feature will be available in the coming days.
    It will be available soon.

123 ... Last