1. In Vanilla BG Wins Were Rewarded

So I think every player that has experienced the current PvP system is in agreement on one thing: this is not a system that is enjoyable or rewarding to play.

The solution to this problem seems to be incredibly simple but we have heard nothing on if it will be added.

And that solution is to simply add HKs to victories in random battle ground queues, and call to arms queues. Because this was the primary thing that kept players focused on wins rather than trades in the original wow vanilla pvp systems.

Winning was all that mattered back then, because winning was the most effective way to gain rewards.

The system could easily be scaled to the current HK model, instead of 271 honor for win and 46 honor for loss, it could be 54hk for a win 10hk for a loss, or something along these lines.

Two things would immediately happen:

1) Players would queue random BGs and pray they don't get stuck in AV.
    2) Players would play to win, even in AV, because winning would be more profitable than trading even by a small margin.

And the result of these 2 things would be players having real fun in battlegrounds, and being rewarded for those efforts. Yes its true that some people would win a lot and get like 1000hks per hour doing so or maybe even more, but these players would manage r14 regardless and we would have a server that people might even flock to for a vanilla pvp experience unlike no other before. Also, you wouldn't need to police the battlegrounds in an attempt to deter trading at all, because it wouldnt be a thing anymore.

That's it, hopefully some Warmane people see this and think on it, because atm there is not a single reason for a vanilla pvp player to want to join this server, only reasons for them to quit and move elsewhere.

Think about how players will talk to their friends considering joining Onyxia about these systems:

To my friends who loved vanilla pvp:

1) Current system - don't play, youll get the r14 weapons but theres nothing to do with them...
    2) Suggested system - its the best vanilla experience in pvp ive ever had, come join and get in on the fun man, we can grind WSG all weekend coming up for call to arms, it will be a blast.
    Edited: December 28, 2023

2. That's one of the best suggetions regarding the AV hk farming simulator I heard since I started grinding for the HW title.

3. 54/10 isnt enough to incentivize people to play other bgs. Lets say u have a wsg premade. Takes you 10-15 to win, requeue etc. so 4-5 per hour. Thats about 300-350hk/h. To make it worth it you would have to up the rewards where it can reach 500-700hk/h otherwise people will farm AV instead.

4. > 54/10 isnt enough to incentivize people to play other bgs. Lets say u have a wsg premade.

Yes it is, read the entire suggestion before commenting please. I said reward 54hks ONLY for random BGs and for call to arms. They will have to play those battlegrounds to get the reward.

I would 100% queue random or call to arms if this was the case, and others would too, because this is what was done in Vanilla for the exact same reward.

Please read properly before responding...

5. If you want to compare honor to hk. When I was in AV the amount of honor you get per kill is almost 1 to 1. So if you win a bg you should get 270ish hk not 54 according to your calculations.

6. If you want to compare honor to hk. When I was in AV the amount of honor you get per kill is almost 1 to 1. So if you win a bg you should get 270ish hk not 54 according to your calculations.
    I never said the numbers were 100% optimal as I stated them, but the point is to encourage winning and queueing into a diverse number of BGs, not to fight over what the best numbers are for this. The numbers should be higher then 54 imo, but even at that number it would fix the entire problem i believe.

Also AV farming was not the most effective farm in vanilla, WSG farming was, which is why this number needs to be carefully thought through, or scaled differently for different BGs.

7. Just add like 80-90 hks for winning a BG. It would probably kill AV but at least the other BGs would become active again.

8. would also be good to add rep gain methods to the other bgs. in av we get rep for hks but not in wsg and i guess also not in ab (can't tell, didn't pop). and since there are also no marks, the only way of getting rep with the defilers is to capture flags, which gives a quite small amount of rep.

9. Just add like 80-90 hks for winning a BG. It would probably kill AV but at least the other BGs would become active again.
    I get an easy ~400 hk in AV in like 15 minutes, by spamming 2 spells. How would that kill AV?

10. I get an easy ~400 hk in AV in like 15 minutes, by spamming 2 spells. How would that kill AV?
    i highly doubt you make 1.6k+ hk/h in av

11. i highly doubt you make 1.6k+ hk/h in av
    More or less, depends how many of the horde are not afk.
    edit: I think 500hk per Warsong win is the sweet spot.
    We would get wins every 10 minutes and no side would have an interest in trading.

12. that's 27 hk per minute. i'd like to see a screenshot of that scoreboard. 1.6k/h is maybe doable by feeding each other extremely efficiently but definitely not when people fight or even only pretend to fight. pretty sure that number is somewhere around the max possible considering the spirit healer cap.

i think you estimate the numbers way too high - 500 hk for a 10 minute fight is way too much and that doesn't even include the hk you get from actual kills.

13. something else to consider is that many people actually prefer to play wsg or ab instead of av so if the rewards are not way worse, less people will do av.

14. that's 27 hk per minute. i'd like to see a screenshot of that scoreboard. 1.6k/h is maybe doable by feeding each other extremely efficiently but definitely not when people fight or even only pretend to fight. pretty sure that number is somewhere around the max possible considering the spirit healer cap.

i think you estimate the numbers way too high - 500 hk for a 10 minute fight is way too much and that doesn't even include the hk you get from actual kills.
    Who cares, the patch is also shorter than original vanilla was and we play an immitation of a 20 year old game anyway.

Onixya already strayed so much from vanilla from using wotlk client to rdf and other small systems.

15. Who cares, the patch is also shorter than original vanilla was and we play an immitation of a 20 year old game anyway.

Onixya already strayed so much from vanilla from using wotlk client to rdf and other small systems.
    and that's an argument for what? rank gain is sped up significantly already. i was under the impression we are discussing balance, not how meaningless everything is.

12 Last