emeril

[Guide] Elemental shaman PvP 2v2 bracket

After i spent about 40 minutes reading shaman section I decided to make a 2vs2 arena guide.

>>> STATS <<<

I am not going to write about starting gear. This guide is to show you what gear you have to buy.

Let's start with the stats.
    Haste is definitely one of the most important stats.
    Haste is lowering your global CD and your cast. Very useful, because 95 % of shaman's spell are casting spells. You should aim for about 500 STATIC spell haste with full gear.

Spell penetration. Spell penetration is useful, because it affects not only your dmg spells (lightning bolt, frost shock etc.), but Purge as well. Purge is offensive ispel which removes 2 beneficial enemy spells. Spell penetration reduce enemy's resist with 1 per every spell pen point. 100-120 spell penetration is recommended, but 80-90 should do in most cases.

Spell hit. Spell hit affects your "miss" chance. 6 % hit is recommended, because some races have racials, which lower you chance to hit them. I would recommend you to get the 3 % hit from talents and the rest from items.

Spell power / resilience. In order to maximize your survivability, you have to find the perfect balance between these stats. Stacking spell power IS NOT a good choice. Shaman's spells have high basic dmg, which means we dont have to stack spell power to do good amount of dmg. Shaman's have only 1 defensive CD with short cooldown and we have to use glyph to get it. (stoneclaw totem) This makes resilience your only defense. Stacking resilience IS NOT a good choice. Shamans must use PvP gear mostly, unlike mages / warlocks.

Perfect stats balance would be something like:

27k health
    20k mana
    1200 resilience
    500 static haste

>>> GEAR <<<
    Gems. Gemming as elemental shaman is simple. You have only 3 stats to worry about. Haste, Spell power, Spell penetration. Use 12 spell power / 10 haste for ALL yellow / red stats. 12 spell power / 13 spell penetration for ALL blue slots. That's it.

As i said, resilience is the only defense for shamans. 5/5 wrathful main set for elemental shaman. http://www.openwow.com/?item=51406 and http://www.openwow.com/?item=51452
    are your weapons.

Off parts. Boots, neck, cloack, should be wrathful parts for elemental shaman. (aka parts with crit). For wrists >http://www.openwow.com/?item=50030
    and for belt >http://www.openwow.com/?item=50992

>>> TALENTS an GLYPHS <<<

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...1,kJyROH,12213

pretty standard build, with the only change in Unrelating Storm talent. Some ppl will ask WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS NOOB!!! I will tell you why. I have outlasted in mana fights, every single elemental shaman so far. This is a 3vs3 talent actually, BUT it's very useful in 2s too, because sometimes you just have to use so many spells, you will run oom in 2 minutes without this talent.

Ok people, time for some Arena 2vs2 fighting guide, which i will write in my second post. I will mention only the most common setups from Ele / Destro point of view, because i believe this is the most powerful 2vs2 setup for elemental shaman.
    ---------------------------------
    Elemental / Destruction versus Holy paladin / Arms warrior.

OK, one of the most powerful 2vs2 setups. If they play very defensively, your chance of winning is very low, you cannot do anything about it. So the fight starts. Your warlock must have Succubus pet, for xtra CC with Seduction. You go out in the open so the warrior can charge at you. Use earthbind totem, to root him, then ghost wolf and run away. Meantime the warlock will seduce the warrior, which will give you time to purge him fully. If the paladin put hand of freedom on the warrior, you can purge it easy and fast. If the paladin dispel the Seduce, the warlock has to seduce him again to give you enough time to purge and run away. If the warrior use berserker rage, hex him, then run away while he is slowed by your totem.

Then once you've purged him fully, you can start do some dmg. The warlock will go and seduce the paladin. 97 % of the time, warrior will try to train kill the Warlock. Frost shock the warrior to slow him down. Next the big burst will come. The warlock has to use Shadow fury, so he can free cast Immolate. At this time you already have enough range, so you can start do what you do best. Which is face rape. Start with lightning bolt(may be 2 if you have enough haste), then flame shock > instant lava burst, chain lighting, frost shock. This is insane burst with total of 20k dmg in short time and that is if only lava burst crit. (not counting warlock's dmg). Meantime warlock keep seducing the paladin. This will force one of them to use their cds. Most likely warrior will use shield wall, then you will go in closer to him and use earthbind again to root him, so your warlock can run away. IF you havent used your hex yet, use it after the 3 seduces (that is if the paladin hasnt used any cds yet). 100 % he will either trinket or buble. If he use buble, both of you will try to LoS until the buble is over. If the warrior is at low hp without shield wall, you can try to out dmg the paladin's heals. If he use trinket, the warlock must death coil him to give you couple more seconds for more dmg. After that depeds on the arena / paladin's position, you can use Thunderstorm to throw him off the bridge / out of LoS or just to make him go out of range.

At this time you keep trying to kill the warrior.
    If the paladin used buble first and if he is out in the open with no way to hide, you can repeat the same CC chain to the warrior. If the warrior use berz rage, Hex him until rage is over. (ur hex cd should be rdy or almost rdy) Kill paladin, he cannot outheal your dmg if you interrupt him with Wind Shear.

1 very important thing i forgot. YOU MUST have wind shear focus macro (/cast [target=focus] Wind Shear). Ofc the paladin is on your focus.

If the paladin used trinket first, he will buble now, so you have to do what i already said. Run away and repeat the same CC chain. CC paladin if he is close to something he can hide behind.

If you see the paladin running towards you at any given time, it can mean only 2 things. He is either going to kill your totems OR stun you. This will give you a chance to use grounding totem, so you can absorb his Hammer of Justice.

Heal your partner and his pet, while the paladin is in buble.

Usually Bloodlust is a good idea in the beginning to force all of their cds, but there are some warriors with lots of PvP gear and they are hard as my grandma's heels. If you meet such team, Bloodlust is usually a good idea, after you forced at least shield wall or paladin's trinket.

Everything i wrote will NOT work in 100 % of the fights, but thats the general strategy. CC paladin, kill warrior.

Our win / loss ratio vs hpal / warr teams is above 80 %, which means it works.

IF i forgot to mention something, please let me know. IF you got any other suggestion, write it down. Sorry, but time flew away, so i have to go. I will finish this guide later.

Oitt, tauren shaman
    Warsong realm.
    ---------------------------------
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

emeril
    worst mage eu is not allowed to comment in my thread

3. What about ele shaman (me) + destro warlock vs destro warlock and discipline priest?
    I lose these matches quite often, unless they got same or weaker gear.. but what's your strategy vs this combination?

4. Good guide, but this isn't even half of what's needed. Keep it up, it has lots of potential!

emeril
    Thank you, but as i said before its not finished yet, i will finish it today when i have time >

6. Pretty nice guide, I got some feedback though.

I would go with full spell power gems. If you got haste, it's fine but I would never gem for it. We have LB/CL (fast casting spells), heroism/bloodlust, elemental mastery for spell haste. Don't forget Lightning Overload, a free instant lightning bolt (not affected by haste obviously). I'm sure it has been discussed a lot so im going to leave it like this.

I think you can add purging of beacon of light. Most paladins do not track their beacon and find out when it's too late. ;)

7. haste is good BECAUSE of lightning overload, and the free crit from lavaburst [IF it dont get dispelled, which if ur fast enough *cough haste cough* then u can get it off in time] and don't forget haste helps with healing.

and i like glyph of lightning more than thunderstorm :) u should add that thunderstorm isn't a mandatory one like stoneclaw is which all 3 specs of shaman should have that :P

Tefelis
    Bloody hell, i never knew that Spell Pen affects Purge, thnx.

Add this to sticky Btw!

9. Grats on the sticky! Keep it up.

LionHeartX
    What are your S-4 and C-Z Macros?
    I assume one of them is the wind shear one.

11. May 8, 2011  
    Tefelis
    Question, how are you supposed to reach 500 haste without cloack, neck, something, just gemming half of it in yellow and red sockets?
    Pve stuff probably, trinkets, ive reached 350 with pvp gear, exept that ashen ring from icc rep farm, adding some pve stuff like legs and belt i would have 450+ so its possible.

12. May 9, 2011  
    herroin
    Pff...i have my own pvp style when playing with shamy...and what point to copy someone gamestyle..... :confused:

13. May 24, 2011  

14. June 5, 2011  
    TikiThorsen
    ?íGud shyte! :D

123 Last