1. Cross Faction Battlegrounds Discussion

Hi all,

I just want to preface this by stating I love this server, I have been playing on it since before "the incident". While I realize this thread has been made a million times before, I would like to share why I feel the developers should implement cross-faction battlegrounds on Warsong. I tried to be concise and not to ramble, I know its a lot of text but please indulge me! I would love a discussion on this.

Here is the present situation: Alliance population far outweighs the horde, resulting in long Que times for Alliance and near instant pops for the Horde. It also happens that most hardcore players looking to get the most from their character roll alliance for racial abilities, making the Horde win ratio in BGs painfully low. To me, this seems like an unacceptable situation, especially on a PvP only realm. Competitive battles in random battlegrounds almost never happen, as Alliance just ROFL stomps their way through the Horde, which I don't think is fun for either side. I think that it is undeniable there is a problem, and it needs to be fixed.

What would the effects of Cross Faction Bg's be on Warsong? Que times would be super fast for both factions; games are created as soon as enough players from either faction join. The battlegrounds would be more balanced, resulting in a more competitive and fun experience. Horde players wouldn't lose most of their BG's, and Alliance players wouldn't Rofl stomp their way through WSG anymore.

One argument I see against the implementation of cross faction battlegrounds is that it ruins the "Horde vs Alliance" feel of a fantasy RPG. I agree with this statement, but I feel strongly that players playing on Warsong do it because they love PvPing independent of the fantasy aspect. I can see why CFBGs wouldn't be implemented on other Warmane servers due to this fantasy RPG argument, but on a PvP only server I feel actual game play is most important. It should also be noted there is no real need to implement CFBG's on the other Warmane servers because factions are mostly balanced.

In the past I have heard that Warmane doesn't implement CFBG's because of their policy of keeping to "blizzlike" servers. Im not sure if this policy still exists, but I want to point out how silly it is on a server that instantly levels you to 85. Why draw the line at CFBG's?

Another thing I see a lot is "It would be too hard to code", or "the devs don't care about warsong its too small". With respect to the first statement, I have seen much smaller private servers successfully implement CFBG's and I have a lot of confidence in the Warmane developer's ability to code such a feature. With respect to the statement "the devs don't care", I hope thats not true!

I guess right now I am just disappointied in the present state of Warsong. All it takes is to click the "Information" tab on the Warmane website to see how unbalanced the factions really are. If CFBGs are ruled not an option, I would at least like to see some sort of effort from the Dev's to fix this situation. Thanks for reading this far! I would love to have a discussion! What do you guys think?
    Edited: June 26, 2015

2. With respect to the statement "the devs don't care", I hope thats not true!
    Well, the dev's don't talk on the forums. They don't talk in game. No road map laid out for Warsong for players to see. QoL features are low/non-existent. Custom features from AT that would only better the server are arrogantly put, "added as seen fit."

3's is even more dead than it was on AT; the current meta is whack. Supposedly a 'no-go' for solo q. A lot of people left. Still a lot of bugs.
    Also, don't forget AT players who donated for VIP that played exclusively on AT Cata got shafted. These are players who took quality over quantity in the private server business.

Xfaction bg's should have been implemented on day 1. However, only recently we got spectator npc to watch 2's games instead. I hope this answers your question.

Mod's might see this post as a rant and delete it. I hope they take a second and understand I'm only posting on the forums because I care about their work. It's only the difference of features and QoL between Blackrock and Warsong or AT Cata and Warsong's state that needs to be pointed out to be known, otherwise I don't think OP would even have asked this question.

3. Well, the dev's don't talk on the forums. They don't talk in game. No road map laid out for Warsong for players to see. QoL features are low/non-existent. Custom features from AT that would only better the server are arrogantly put, "added as seen fit."

3's is even more dead than it was on AT; the current meta is whack. Supposedly a 'no-go' for solo q. A lot of people left. Still a lot of bugs.
    Also, don't forget AT players who donated for VIP that played exclusively on AT Cata got shafted. These are players who took quality over quantity in the private server business.

Xfaction bg's should have been implemented on day 1. However, only recently we got spectator npc to watch 2's games instead. I hope this answers your question.

Mod's might see this post as a rant and delete it. I hope they take a second and understand I'm only posting on the forums because I care about their work. It's only the difference of features and QoL between Blackrock and Warsong or AT Cata and Warsong's state that needs to be pointed out to be known, otherwise I don't think OP would even have asked this question.
    Unfortunately you are so damn right... Cata and especially Warsong is the lowest priority for them, this means 0 attention.
    They don't even listen what their community wants (soloq xmog etc.) , for the greater good. More features means more fun - means more people - means more money. Maybe this is obvious only for the community. NVM.

4. To add to the original discussion (thank you, OP): yes, Crossfaction BGs are so desperately needed on this PVP-only server. I can only point to OP's post, as he laid out all the arguments perfectly.

To quote the what i think are the most important lines:

"It also happens that most hardcore players looking to get the most from their character roll alliance for racial abilities..."
    "It should also be noted there is no real need to implement CFBG's on the other Warmane servers because factions are mostly balanced."

So honestly, the reason we need CFBG's is the unbalanced population. The reason for the unbalanced population is the - in PVP - so unbalanced human racial ability. And since I think, there won't be any changes to racial abilities, the only reasonable choice is to implement CFBG's.

5. Hey thanks for the positive responses,

I have heard people saying that Malaco stated in a Q/A CFBG's would be implemented...Personally I have no clue if that is actually the case. Can anyone confirm/deny?

6. Doesn't "Cross-Faction BGs" means bgs between horde and alliance?
    I think u mean "Smae-Faction BGs|.

7. Cross-Faction is the right term. "Same faction" is what we already have. As to whether Malaco stated they would work on it anytime soon, I don't know.

Off-topic fun fact: Even retail servers are getting this feature, see here: PCGamer Link

8. ...or we could disable the human racial.

9. This is a great idea, OP arguments are perfect. Why havent this happened yet? Are devs going to wait until we have 100 players online?

10. Crossfaction RBGs is nothing, if not productive.

- It encourages additional people to queue that maybe wouldn't.
    - Gives the bonus of additional battlegrounds to be active at one time.

However;
    - There are many minor details within crossfaction RBGs that would require touch-ups, such as; pet healing/targeting, disconnection faction issues, language functionality, same faction on opposite teams being able to interact positively as well as various other common issues crossfaction features tend to have.

But regardless of that, Crossfaction RBG is a custom feature and Warmane has guidelines to adding specific customized features like this.
    It should be noted that when a feature like this is added; people love to go 1 step further and then suggest and discuss additions to the concept such as same faction grouping, crossfaction world pvp (like the Arena Floor, but in an entire zone/map). And that is definitely what will happen here if Crossfaction RBG goes ahead at any point in time, so Warmane... be aware.

11. The issue is... Warmane's too proud of their 'used-to-be blizz-ish' status to knock out two birds with one stone, especially on their least active realm and for the aspect of the game for which they care the least.

However, If I remember correctly... the AT core was built with some common sense in mind, so this should be fixed with that update.

Edited: August 18, 2015

12. The issue is... Warmane's too proud of their 'used-to-be blizz-ish' status to knock out two birds with one stone, especially on their least active realm and for the aspect of the game for which they care the least.

However, If I remember correctly... the AT core was built with some common sense in mind, so this should be fixed with that update.

Reroll Horde, never happened for me. If you ant custom things go and find another server. Here not going happen.