1. Rated BGs

I'd like to bring some attention to the discussion regarding Rated Battlegrounds being disabled on Cataclysm.
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/237

Currently the bugtracker report for Rated BGs is the #1 voted for issue to be resolved with 50% more votes than the #2 issue (Nefarian being disabled), which for the past few weeks has been the highest priority of developers and is close to being completely scripted and re-enabled. However, Rated BGs is still the #1 requested fix by the community. The reason why it is being neglected is this:

Now, first of all, let me start by quoting this response:

Second of all, the argument that an amount of atleast 20,000 active players would be required for an active ladder is not only incorrect, but also irrelevant. When MoP was released (with a population of 10,000 active players) the Rated BG brackets were highly active. And even though the ladder might not become as active as the arena ladder; it doesn't matter. Rated BGs would be used as a platform for PvP guilds to challenge each other, as they were in the past.

The demand is there, I think this thread has proven that.

2. Agree 100%. Even if you don't make a ladder for it, PvP guilds require this. As the thread that he linked shows, there is a lot of competitive players here and they all say their guild is better than any others. Random BG's and World PvP can only prove so much, there can be 0 harm in opening RBG.

3. +1 Big support for this. I'd love to do some rbg's.

4. Well this thread will get removed in 5 4 3 2 1.. Oh its still here.. Lets give it a little bit more time.
    But yeah we seriously need this in PvP world.. I mean its top rated Cata bug (notreallybugbutwhatever), you cant say no because there is not enough players for active ladder, there are enough players for active 2v2 ladder, where is it (eheuaehuehuehaueheuheauheeuheuehue). Give pvpers some love we are players too QQ

5. +1 Big support for this. I'd love to do some rbg's.
    I can only agree.

My statement is quoted in the original post, I thought about creating an own thread for this, but I still waited for an answer of the Warmane staff.

Thanks Aiovous for also caring about the PvP community and opening the thread.

6. Unfortunately I will have to agree with arcane this time, +1 open rated ... Both factions want it open

7. That's just my opinion, but maybe enabling rated BGs isn't an easy thing to do. Besides, a very small portion of the community would play them. Even when they were firstly launched at Cataclysm realms years ago, with all the hype for it being a new feature and such, it was very rare to see games happening (I was there to see it happen, even on the most active guilds it was very rare to see a match). Maybe it would be better to spend time with features more people would play, such as a new battleground.

8. That's just my opinion, but maybe enabling rated BGs isn't an easy thing to do. Besides, a very small portion of the community would play them. Even when they were firstly launched at Cataclysm realms years ago, with all the hype for it being a new feature and such, it was very rare to see games happening (I was there to see it happen, even on the most active guilds it was very rare to see a match). Maybe it would be better to spend time with features more people would play, such as a new battleground.
    I can tell you right now wolf pack and vae victis would be glad to face DDS or infected every weekend in rated bg and I'm assuming they would feel the same way. Open rated. I'm sure me and Kaspi can set something up

9. That's just my opinion, but maybe enabling rated BGs isn't an easy thing to do. Besides, a very small portion of the community would play them. Even when they were firstly launched at Cataclysm realms years ago, with all the hype for it being a new feature and such, it was very rare to see games happening (I was there to see it happen, even on the most active guilds it was very rare to see a match). Maybe it would be better to spend time with features more people would play, such as a new battleground.
    Of course new BG would be fantastic, Id be excited for anything new in world of PvP, but isnt it easier to enable RBG's than scripting a new BG?

10. That's just my opinion, but maybe enabling rated BGs isn't an easy thing to do. Besides, a very small portion of the community would play them. Even when they were firstly launched at Cataclysm realms years ago, with all the hype for it being a new feature and such, it was very rare to see games happening (I was there to see it happen, even on the most active guilds it was very rare to see a match). Maybe it would be better to spend time with features more people would play, such as a new battleground.
    Think I can safely say that the PvP community would rather have all resources put into scripting RBG's than scripting a new BG.

11. That's just my opinion, but maybe enabling rated BGs isn't an easy thing to do. Besides, a very small portion of the community would play them. Even when they were firstly launched at Cataclysm realms years ago, with all the hype for it being a new feature and such, it was very rare to see games happening (I was there to see it happen, even on the most active guilds it was very rare to see a match). Maybe it would be better to spend time with features more people would play, such as a new battleground.
    I do agree with you that it wouldn't be a regular thing, perhaps during the first week or so which would then turn into a weekly occurance. It certainly wouldn't be something you just make a group and queue into, hoping for another team to match up with you. It would be something planned out between groups and guilds who want to challenge each other. The focus would be on the individual games rather than the ratings and related achievements.

Come to think of it, perhaps War Games would be a more relevant feature to have scripted. Atleast that would remove the concern for wintrading.

PS. Considering there's only Isle of Conquest and Strand of the Ancients left to be scripted (not counting Wintergrasp and Tol'Barad which I doubt is even up for discussion at this point) in terms of Battlegrounds, which are both two mechanic heavy maps, I don't see how that would be more of a convenient solution. It certainly doesn't feed the needs of the people in question. This is a request of the few rather than the many, but then again, so was Nefarian.

12. I can tell you right now wolf pack and vae victis would be glad to face DDS or infected every weekend in rated bg and I'm assuming they would feel the same way. Open rated. I'm sure me and Kaspi can set something up
    I heard this before, when rated BGs were first released, but after a short time they were dead already.
    I believe it would be more enjoyable and better if players focus more in doing world PvP, even if rated BGs were very active. I tell this from experience. It is more enjoyable and reliable, you don't need to bother with having another team at the opposing faction ready to play.
    It would also be a little unfair to the rest of the players who don't care about it, to know developers have spent time working on a feature that would impact a minor portion of the population.

I do agree with you that it wouldn't be a regular thing, perhaps during the first week or so which would then turn into a weekly occurance. It certainly wouldn't be something you just make a group and queue into, hoping for another team to match up with you. It would be something planned out between groups and guilds who want to challenge each other. The focus would be on the individual games rather than the ratings and related achievements.
    This does not work, due to dodging.

13. idk on wsg if enough ppl were on I would ask lobsters to field a team of 10 and on the alliance i would field 10 and we did it for fun

14. What would be the down-side of enabling rbgs? It will bring nothing but fun and good. I think everyone in here can confirm that I for one do nothing but pump bg's like the disgusting nerd I am, and I usually have a solid group. We want more, us destroying these low geared people is not fun for us or them. All I hope for when I queue is to face Arcane (btw I tend to /spit on everyone, im a camel irl. No hate on you insert;Arcane smileyface) and his people, Infected premades, Devils Death Squad, Solstice, Anarchy Inc. There's more groups out there but I cant think of any names.

Im sure me, Kaspi, Arcane and some of the horde/alliance pvp guild leaders can get some extremely nice rated bg's going out there. Its really not about the title or rating for me, it means nothing with such a small amount of people. All I want is some competition and I know all of us, with our friends can provide that. We speak for a atleast a solid 200 active pvp people out there.

Malaco, rethink this.
    From another Swede, All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

12311 ... Last