1. 5.4 Shadow Priest PvP Guide

Guide under construction. Some calculations may be incorrect.

Stat Priority

1) 6% Hit (340.00 Rating = 1%)
    2) Haste (424.93 Rating = 1%) (Goal is 10,124 or 9,603 for Goblin)
    3) Intellect (1 Int = 1.0009 Spell Power / 1,975.97 - 1% Spell Crit
    4) Mastery (333.42 Rating = 1%) (Affects SW:P, DP, VT, and MF; FDCL & DI indirectly)
    5) Critical Strike (598.27 Rating = 1%)
    6) PvP Power (400 Rating = 1%)
    7) Resilience (305.32 Rating = 1%)

Itemizing using 100% PvP Gear

One Piece Mooncloth

Grievous Gladiator's Mooncloth Gloves enchant with Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste

Four Piece Satin

Grievous Gladiator's Satin Hood
    Grievous Gladiator's Satin Mantle with Greater Crane Wing Inscription
    Grievous Gladiator's Satin Robe enchant with Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats
    Grievous Gladiator's Satin Leggings enchant with Greater Pearlescent Spellthread

Off Set Armors

Neck: Grievous Gladiator's Pendant of Cruelty
    Cloak: Grievous Gladiator's Drape of Prowess enchant with Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect
    Bracer: Grievous Gladiator's Cuffs of Prowess enchant with Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect
    Belt: Grievous Gladiator's Cord of Meditation enchant with Living Steel Belt Buckle
    Boots: Grievous Gladiator's Treads of Alacrity enchant with Enchant Boots - Pandaren's Step
    Ring 1: Grievous Gladiator's Band of Meditation
    Ring 2: Grievous Gladiator's Band of Cruelty

Trinket 1: Grievous Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    Trinket 2: Grievous Gladiator's Medallion of Cruelty

* If you are Human, do not use the Medallion due to your Racial Ability Every Man For Himself. Instead use Grievous Gladiator's Insignia of Dominance.
    * Remember you get 2,600 Resilience for using any combination of two PvP trinkets.

Weapons

Dagger, 1H Mace or Wand doesn't matter. It is more vanity than anything.
    But for the guide I'll be using the 1H Mace.
    Grievous Gladiator's Gavel enchant with Enchant Weapon - Jade Spirit
    Grievous Gladiator's Endgame enchant with Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect

Note: Why choose a MainHand/OffHand (MH/OH) combo over a Staff? In a nutshell you get more stats. This is mainly due to the Off-Hand enchant listed above.

Reforging - If nothing is listed for the item, no reforging is required.

Helm:
    Neck:
    Shoulders:
    Cloak:
    Chest: Crit -> Mastery
    Bracers:
    Gloves: Spirit -> Mastery
    Belt: Spirit -> Mastery
    Legs:
    Boots: Crit -> Mastery
    Ring 1 (Cruelty): Spirit -> Mastery
    Ring 2 (Meditation):
    Trinket 1 (Badge):
    Trinket 2 (Medallion): Crit -> Mastery
    MH Weapon:
    OH Weapon:

Gemming

Meta Socket: Tyrannical Primal Diamond
    Red & Prismatic Belt Socket: Brilliant Primordial Ruby
    Yellow Socket: Reckless Vermilion Onyx
    Blue Socket, GLOVES/BELT: Mysterious Imperial Amethyst
    Blue Socket, LEGS: Purified Imperial Amethyst

Note: Jewelcrafters, the only change is to use two Brilliant Serpent's Eye in two Red Sockets.

Talents

Tier 1: Psyfiend
    Tier 2: Angelic Feathers
    Tier 3: From Darkness, Comes Light
    Tier 4: Spectral Guise
    Tier 5: Divine Insight
    Tier 6: Divine Star

Glyphs

Glyph of Inner Fire, Glyph of Inner Sanctum, and Glyph of Dispersion.

The three above are usually the most popular for your common PvP situations.
    It is always important to always change your Glyphs when you enter a BG, RBG, or Arena based on what the opposing team has, plus what your team makeup is.
    For example if you are fighting only melee in a 2v2 Arena, you won't need the Spell Reduction from Glyph of Inner Sanctum, so try changing it to Glyph of Psychic Horror instead.
    Edited: August 11, 2015

2. One cookie for color coding!!!!

3. Stat after Haste it's Crit and reforge to also is Crit.

Gems for yellow are Quick Amberjewel and for red is Reckless Vermilion Onyx, you ignore blue slots and put yellow ones, unless if you aren't hit caped, but with full griev and buyed right parts u are even little above.
    Edited: August 12, 2015

4. Actually if u get the hit+haste ring (and u should for the haste bonus) instead of crit+mastery, pvp hastecap (10 124) is possible with just Quick A gems in yellow slots and you won't have to loose dmg trading Int for haste. Blue slots are optional, but i'll still put pure Int gems or Pvp power+int for the bonus.

Glyph of Inner Sanctum does not work properly and Glyph of Prayer of Mending (even Glyph of Fade) beats Glyph of Dispersion by a long shot.
    Nice guide, but i hope u'll still add alot to it .... Haven't seen tips for actual gameplay so far in any MoP spriest guide, for ex: Insanity and Darkness talents choice, shield+feathers+Spectral guise+fear , Leap of faith Scattered target before Fz trap, Glyph of sw: D uses mostly against mages (bugged,but still), macro for shielding Psyfiend, Silence on hunts before Fz traps and so on. Comps and counters should be nice to see too.
    Good luck!

5. Fully geared griveous priest here, i am on full haste which is about 25%+ cant remember exactly , everything is reforged to haste and i think its way better that way, mastery is around 40-42% which is more than enough for things to proc, i had moments where i am instant casting stuff 15secs without stopping so procs arent a problem when u arent fully mastery. Also i play with desperate prayer, guise isnt perfectly scripted and breaks almost instantly sometimes, i also had moments where hunter pets for instance hit me when i am invisable WITHOUT HUNTERS MARK, which is bs but eh... molten... Desperate prayer gives you a good 170k-200k heal when **** hits the fan. Also i wanna add, u have to switch glyph if inner fire/sanctum depending on what u are against. Best glyphs atleast for me are POM, Inner fire, Fade. Inner fire is used in bgs becouse there are so many melees on the server.

I also wanna add that spec guise breaks from dots on you if you dont have a shield and it breaks instantly. So every dot gets you out of stealth if you havent shielded, which is also unrealiable that u gonna sit the whole 6 secs for example.

Also another tip is , if u are playing Psyfiend , its good to have a macro or manually shield it , becouse it dies from 1 spell - its 50k Health , if u shield it it will have around 150k becouse shield isnt affected by battle fatigue if nothing hit the psyfiend when u have summoned it.

Here is a usefull link for haste builds , its for pve mainly but it works in pve on theory - http://warcraft.twintop-tahoe.com/?p=205 , there is a haste breakpoints table which explains which dot get another tick at certain haste level.
    Edited: August 17, 2015

6. Actually if u get the hit+haste ring (and u should for the haste bonus) instead of crit+mastery, pvp hastecap (10 124) is possible with just Quick A gems in yellow slots and you won't have to loose dmg trading Int for haste. Blue slots are optional, but i'll still put pure Int gems or Pvp power+int for the bonus.

Glyph of Inner Sanctum does not work properly and Glyph of Prayer of Mending (even Glyph of Fade) beats Glyph of Dispersion by a long shot.
    Nice guide, but i hope u'll still add alot to it .... Haven't seen tips for actual gameplay so far in any MoP spriest guide, for ex: Insanity and Darkness talents choice, shield+feathers+Spectral guise+fear , Leap of faith Scattered target before Fz trap, Glyph of sw: D uses mostly against mages (bugged,but still), macro for shielding Psyfiend, Silence on hunts before Fz traps and so on. Comps and counters should be nice to see too.
    Good luck!
    can you tell me what is the problem with inner sanctum glyph? i see nothing on it in buggtracker

also is glyph of fade working correctly? i dont find many shadowpriest using it.

thanks

7. can you tell me what is the problem with inner sanctum glyph? i see nothing on it in buggtracker

also is glyph of fade working correctly? i dont find many shadowpriest using it.

thanks
    I did some testing of inner sanctum months ago and it wasn't fixed, but now it can be only visual (it should give u an aura with -6% magic dmg taken). Glyph of Fade is working correctly though. Probably not many find it helpful, coz of the additional keybind and its usefulness mostly in 3s, where spriest is in a bad spot (buffstack). If u r playing 2s with a healer i would suggest going with Glyph of Mind blast against warriors(pretty useless glyph with mage in team though).