1. Im getting a lot of "Could not log in to World of Warcraft at this time. Please try again later". Even tho no limit is being supressed this message is happening a lot from time to time. Dont know if its some bug related with detection system but it is annoying.

2. Yall are making my head hurt.

3. @Obnoxious Hi, I am a PvE Multiboxer loving challenge my tactic in 25 Raid, I have a few questions to see if it is valid behavior.

Case1. I am about to raiding, I log on my 5 ton and fly into the instance. Then I have to log on 5 more char and summon them inside. Some time I need to control 5 chars in dala to fix glyph and flask while other char waiting inside of the instance. But there are more than 5 characters logged on over the world. If it is not allowed, it kind of impossible to do raiding with multiboxing. Can I do it?

Case2. I am leveling 5 char by doing quest, but it is ganked by horde, or NPC is killed. Can I just put 5 char AFK on a map. And Log on 5 other char in different map doing different questing? In other word, can I put 10 chars in different map, and put 5 afk and only multiboxing 5 chars?

I FEEL LIKE this two behavor is very eazy to identify and hard to be abused. Because it never gonna be more than 5 characters moving or casting at one time. And harmful person cannot abuse this and use it as a execuse.

Thank you
    As long as there are no more than 5 characters being controlled at the same time, it is okay. That means, you can indeed do the case 1 and case 2 just fine. The system works and detects and kicks you only when there are more than 5 characters being controlled at the same time.

The system is not meant to be very strict, in order to ensure that the gameplay is still possible. Also, many people here have mistaken the actual multiboxing limiter with other defensive measures, that we may run from time to time. When a defensive measure is activated, it is sometimes hard to log in or do normal things, and we understand the annoyance behind it, but if it weren't for the measure, playing would be completely not possible. These measures are not run very often and only when needed.

So, as for examples, of people logging 5 characters and then logging on the 6th to do a simple trade, the system should let you do this. Only when more than 5 characters are simultaneously controlled for a time, the system kicks in. It is important to note that there are punishments as well for those that concurrently impact the limiter in any way and this mostly is reflecting for PvP activities.

Multiboxing for raiding is exempt of these rules. If a GM sees you, moving your characters from a capital city to a raid instance, and for a time you're logged on more than 5 characters, but you're moving them in the world 5 at a time, the GM will not ban you.

But if you're running multiple 5-man teams in different parts of a zone, for example, to terrorize low levels, simultaneously, this is avoiding the limiter, and will be punished.

For those speaking about the measures being applied to premades, please note that we have no plans to do this to any extent. People think we can ban AVEnabler, but this is technically not possible, without breaking our own battleground queue system, and we have no plan to do that. Also, banning one addon would just produce another one, a better one. As those who have seen during our April 1st joke, the GearScore addon when disabled, produced a replacement in minutes. Also, we have no issues with people grouping up to play PvP, in fact, we'd say it's a natural way to play the game.

If you are being beaten by a premade, make one your own, take the initiative, write a few recruitment messages on global. You do not even need voice chat, just minimal cooperation, and you can already compete. This is a massive multiplayer game. Solo play is possible, but it is not the way you go if you want to win in a multiplayer game. This is the case in any multiplayer game. Playing Solo in Ranked in League of Legends will produce a similar experience.

Naturally, we can limit this, however, this would be counter-productive. Punishing people for grouping up is not the way to go. Chinese players are very aware of this, as they see people playing in premades as dishonorable and even a have a term for it, and are generally more negative to this kind of playstyle and yet they never made any effort to limit it or ban it, as it is the natural way of playing and it is normal to expect people to group up. We have no intention of limiting this playstyle.

4. Well that is unfortunate. The only thing I really did with my team of 10 was defend lowbies from gankers in HFP. I guess I can still with 5, but I made a team of 10 already and invested a lot of time in them all.

5. Well that is unfortunate. The only thing I really did with my team of 10 was defend lowbies from gankers in HFP. I guess I can still with 5, but I made a team of 10 already and invested a lot of time in them all.
    Hi, haven't seen you in a long time. I am the dk+paladins multiboxer (Liiliie) you played with on icecrown when you recently started mutliboxing (I think I was also new then). I kinda went to Lordaeron so haven't seen you since then.

Ye the bad thing about the rule change I think is that all those characters that have hundreds or thousands of hours spent on them that are now useless aswell as the donated accounts that won't really ever be used again.
    I have 10 donor accounts and characters on 15 accounts on Icecrown (with 10 weapons bough for coins) and on 10 accounts on Lordaeron (with 5.7k GS on Lordaeron), so lost a little but nowhere near what some of the people lost.

But I enjoy the change since the team size suits me much better but still worried about that it might change again since it was only 6 months ago the limit of 25 was made and now the limit of 5. So hopefully we can still multibox half a year from now.

6. Hi, haven't seen you in a long time. I am the dk+paladins multiboxer (Liiliie) you played with on icecrown when you recently started mutliboxing (I think I was also new then). I kinda went to Lordaeron so haven't seen you since then.

Ye the bad thing about the rule change I think is that all those characters that have hundreds or thousands of hours spent on them that are now useless aswell as the donated accounts that won't really ever be used again.
    I have 10 donor accounts and characters on 15 accounts on Icecrown (with 10 weapons bough for coins) and on 10 accounts on Lordaeron (with 5.7k GS on Lordaeron), so lost a little but nowhere near what some of the people lost.

But I enjoy the change since the team size suits me much better but still worried about that it might change again since it was only 6 months ago the limit of 25 was made and now the limit of 5. So hopefully we can still multibox half a year from now.
    Hey hey! Yeah, I remember you! Still on my friends list.
    Since I can only play 5 chars now, I will be joining WG a lot more. It is not easy controlling 10 there. Might be a lot different with 25 since the group is so big you will never hardly die.
    I have also donated on all 10 accounts and now have no reason to play my last 5 chars.
    Side note, my 10 have been easily destroyed by 4 other players who used communication to take me down, but again, most of my time has been spent defending lowbies from gankers in HFP.
    Not everyone or all multiboxers enjoy being toxic.

7. @Proterean I appreciate your great explanation, and this explanation would help lots of people understanding the boundary.

Here's my understanding about the philosophy about this rule:

The initiative is to reduce servers traffic load and giving non-multiboxer better gaming experience when dealing with multiboxer.

if you have 2 x 5 mb team, one is doing pvp on one map, another one is doing pvp on other map, this definitely impacts other people's gaming experience and you are exploiting the rule. If it is allowed, everyone would just mb many many team all over the world, which obviously obey the initiative.

Everytime you do something, think of this:

1. is this gonna consume the server too much resource?
    2. is this gonna ruin other player's gaming experience?
    3. assuming that you are the one dealing with your multibox team, how's your feeling?

I think everyone could make good judgement.

8. wow, the ammount of crying boxers in this thread, I had no idea servers was this infested, Everyone else is like "Thank you Warmane!"
    Thank you Warmane!

9. wow, the ammount of crying boxers in this thread
    Where? I barely see any.
    It's more like you want to provoke a fight.

10. Hello, I don't understand why you didnt just allow pve multiboxing only, no pvp whatsoever (maybe only if jumped, then allowed to defend oneself). It seems to what I have read that its because of pvp this new enforcement is in place, right? Makes sense to me atleast that in pvp the multiboxer has advantage but in pve we are certainly in a disadvantage.. So ban pvp multiboxing and let pve multiboxer continue as has been done so far?
    Hope it goes well for the community I have certainly been enjoying myself on the server.
    Hope i wont get too much hate from pvp-multiboxers but think people over time should be able to see pvp multiboxing has no place on Warmane imo.

11. Hello, I don't understand why you didnt just allow pve multiboxing only, no pvp whatsoever (maybe only if jumped, then allowed to defend oneself). It seems to what I have read that its because of pvp this new enforcement is in place, right? Makes sense to me atleast that in pvp the multiboxer has advantage but in pve we are certainly in a disadvantage.. So ban pvp multiboxing and let pve multiboxer continue as has been done so far?
    Hope it goes well for the community I have certainly been enjoying myself on the server.
    Hope i wont get too much hate from pvp-multiboxers but think people over time should be able to see pvp multiboxing has no place on Warmane imo.
    You're still allowed to box as many characters as you want in raids, as long as you move them through the world 5 at a time, literally says so on the same page..

Multiboxing for raiding is exempt of these rules. If a GM sees you, moving your characters from a capital city to a raid instance, and for a time you're logged on more than 5 characters, but you're moving them in the world 5 at a time, the GM will not ban you.

12. Im well aware of that Thorbjorn, I just wrote why they didnt just ban pvp multiboxing as that is the reason for all this thats happened...

13. Hello, I don't understand why you didnt just allow pve multiboxing only, no pvp whatsoever (maybe only if jumped, then allowed to defend oneself). It seems to what I have read that its because of pvp this new enforcement is in place, right? Makes sense to me atleast that in pvp the multiboxer has advantage but in pve we are certainly in a disadvantage.. So ban pvp multiboxing and let pve multiboxer continue as has been done so far?
    Can you list the advantages and disadvantages you get specifically as a multiboxer in pvp and pve?

14. Not going into this i see no point to continue this conversation as it will never end.

First ... 61415161718 ... Last