1. May 3, 2021  

Rdf bug exploiting

This rule seems stupid to me.

Avoiding the debuff: Sitting at the dungeon's door waiting to be kicked because you don't want to do it, forcing people to kick you so you can avoid the debuff is now punishable. Rather wait 30 minutes than a day.

Why can't you do this? Wouldn't you prefer someone explain to you that you should kick them because they don't want to play? Anyone can circumvent this rule by just logging out for 5-10 minutes.

Having people log out without any explanation because they are avoiding a ban under this rule is far more toxic than them simply explaining they have no desire to continue.

This is clearly not exploiting a bug. It is a game mechanic. If you queue with your friend and the RDF team kick him because he wants an item they want there is nothing you can do to report them because there is zero proof even though it is against the rules. Yet they can then get you banned if you tell them you'd like them to kick you too so you can continue playing with your friend. Your only course of action is to just go offline for 10 minutes. Why are you just asking every player to become a warmane TOS expert because these rules don't even prevent what they are supposed to prevent.

2. May 3, 2021  
    I need a TOS expert to explain how logging out changes the fact you're actively not participating. You have to be online to accept the queue, logging out would remove you from the queue and so that means you had to log out once inside the dungeon.

3. May 3, 2021  
    People disconnect. It's not reportable and it's an easy way to avoid the rule.

4. May 3, 2021  
    People disconnect. It's not reportable and it's an easy way to avoid the rule.
    And have you actually tried reporting them with screenshots that show them offline at every boss? It's one thing for them to legitimately have disconnected but not at the start of the dungeon without coming back.

5. May 3, 2021  
    And have you actually tried reporting them with screenshots that show them offline at every boss? It's one thing for them to legitimately have disconnected but not at the start of the dungeon without coming back.
    Why would you report someone for getting disconnected even if it is at the beginning of the dungeon? What if their internet legitimately turned belly up?

...See where I'm getting at?

6. May 3, 2021  
    Why would you report someone for getting disconnected even if it is at the beginning of the dungeon? What if their internet legitimately turned belly up?

I'm well aware of that. I'm trying to get at the fact people tend to screenshot part of a story they know and then try to use that as evidence. GMs need to actually see the whole story and players need to show it instead of tell it. I assume if this happens multiple times in a week then they're at least checked into.

7. May 3, 2021  

Because chances are if a person disconnects at dungeon start after being online upon entering it he's avoiding the RDF rather than DCing by accident. If he DCs some time during the dungeon it's a different story.

8. May 3, 2021  
    Just kick him and forget him, there is 0 difference if he is online begging for a kick or offline; from your perspective.

9. May 3, 2021  
    Exactly. Kick him and forget him. If he is a tank or healer you can't show he is away for multiple bosses. And as a Tank I could just clear some trash then disconnect either on purpose or because of bad internet and you would have to kick me. Zero chance for ban on that. Or are we banning anyone who logs out during a dungeon run now?

So this Bug Exploit rule is stupid and needs to be removed. It does nothing except ban people who havent read the rules so nothing changes except things get worse.

10. May 3, 2021  
    I don't know, but I'd assume that players eventually get banned for "accidentally disconnecting for 15mins" during dungeons trough finder that they don't like.
    But for sure you tested it, how many dungeons/days have you done that magical bug exploit of yours and not have been banned?

And btw, there is no "getting worse" or bug exploiting or whatever the hell you are going on about. Kick the dude. It's done. There is no relevance to you if he gets banned or or what he is doing. Timer ends, vote kick, done. I don't get it how is it twisting your nuts about "what he is doing", it's irrelevant.

11. May 3, 2021  
    angrylol are you struggling to understand what I am saying because it seems like we completely agree with eachother. The only difference is you think people get banned for disconnecting from a dungeon.

12. May 3, 2021  
    I'm struggling to understand why does it bother you so much when it has no impact on you whatsoever. Same exact result, even better - less drama if they just go offline.

By my logic going offline to avoid debuff is clearly against the rules. Forcing people to kick you by going offline, spot on. Problem is evidence to actually prove he is doing it to avoid debuff. Instead of screeching remove the offlines, play the game, you are playing with humans of all kinds, it's normal. Make a report with exhaustive evidence that the guy is dodging debuff and you can feel all fuzzy if you want to.

13. May 3, 2021  
    My motivation for having a stupid rule removed is irrelevant.

I'm struggling to understand why does it bother you so much when it has no impact on you whatsoever. Same exact result, even better - less drama if they just go offline.
    Apart from the fact that people will optimistically wait for the person to come back. This is far more toxic than having someone get kicked so everyone knows exactly what is happening. Reducing clarity in games isn't good design.

By my logic going offline to avoid debuff is clearly against the rules. Forcing people to kick you by going offline, spot on. Problem is evidence to actually prove he is doing it to avoid debuff.
    This is exactly what I am saying.

14. May 3, 2021  
    Your motivation is quite important, that can speak to others and make your wish come true.

You know, you can't kick anyone for a certain time. They can be offline or they can be sitting at entrance and begging for kick, they will probably be removed at the same time. Difference is that you can't flame and threaten the guy for 5mins if he is offline.

You are saying that going 10mins offline is the way to avoid debuff with no risks. But now you agree that it's not... You are really confusing me, I'm stroking out or what?

I have a better scenario,
    If I'm asking for a kick, but keep playing and participating, can I get banned?

15. May 4, 2021  
    So this Bug Exploit rule is stupid and needs to be removed. It does nothing except ban people who havent read the rules so nothing changes except things get worse.
    No, it lets me get annoying people who think that they can do whatever they want at the expense of others' time banned. If they're smart enough and decide to log off then well, good for them, I suppose, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get to report the less... 'enlightened' ones. Point being, just because some annoyances are smarter than others doesn't mean both should get off scot-free.

12 Last