1. Portals between cities

I think that the proposed feature of having portals between cities is a great and convenient idea, they should only be usable by level 80 characters

What do you think?

2. How is that different by the Dalaran portals ?

3. I'd really like to see a poll on this :-/

Think about:
    a) It's custom content
    b) What use are mage portals
    c) There already is a way to travel to each capital city in a few minutes (deeprun tram, boats, zeppelins)

I think the majority is in favor of the portals for convenience... but imo it'd be better without them...

4. I'd really like to see a poll on this :-/

Think about:
    a) It's custom content
    b) What use are mage portals
    c) There already is a way to travel to each capital city in a few minutes (deeprun tram, boats, zeppelins)

I think the majority is in favor of the portals for convenience... but imo it'd be better without them...
    I agree. No need for it. Get a mage. It was one way mages made some gold, selling portals, but it was also one good reason to always have mages around. The more portals you put in the world, the less value player made portals have.

Also, I thought one of the reasons rdf wasn't being implemented at start was so that people use summoning stones or walk to dungeons and raids in order to keep more of that old school long distance traveling alive - it keeps the world a little more populated and interesting as many things can happen on the way there. So why implement a feature that takes away from that and do the opposite of what you intended?

I personally wouldn't like custom content like that. I thought it was a policy here not to implement such things. Traveling is fast enough as it is, wotlk is full of portals, in fact it had so many that in cata they removed both portal hubs leaving you only with the ability to travel to new world content. It promoted world travel, although it was on flying mounts instead. If you want to go back and forth between Dalaran and SW when HS is on cooldown, use the boat or get a mage. There will always be a mage around to port you. The boat and a flying trip takes at most 10 minutes, it's not that much. The same goes for SW and shattrath, just use the Blasted lands portal in SW.

5. I agree with Radvo and ThermalX, couldn't say better than what they did. This custom portals is only for lazy ppl in my opinion, if you removed the RDF and such features that do insta teleport to some places then why you put portals on capitals, that doesn't make sense imo.

6. i agree with all posters above, for all the reasons mentioned. namely the unique ability of our mages, as they are sometimes able to make small earnings for their inclusive talent - but besides the money.... its the same as the rogue who can pick the lock at ?? say, stratholme, what if we were to make locks pickable by all?

We need to keep WoW characters unique. No extra ports needed in Lord realm. Travel is easy enough already.

7. I think that the proposed feature of having portals between cities is a great and convenient idea, they should only be usable by level 80 characters

What do you think?
    NO CUSTOM FEATURES, simple as that !

8. Ye pls gief portal => mybe less magesss!!

9. No, the only city portals will be the ones which already exist: Mage Portals, Shattrath portals and Dalaran Portals

10. No, the only city portals will be the ones which already exist: Mage Portals, Shattrath portals and Dalaran Portals
    Thanks for the quick reply