1. SPriest or Mage for PVP?

hey guys,

i want to start a new class and i cant decide between Shadow and Mage. I will mostly do BGs, Open World PvP , Duels and later also Arena for S8.
    Which class would u consider as more viable for the things i want to do? And which combos would be best for each class in 2s?

2. Mage pairs with :shadow priest,elemental,rogue,lock,paladin,another mage.
    Shadow priest pairs with:rogue,elemental,warlock,mage,boomie.,paladin.

3. I would like to see opinions on this as well

4. For BGs certainly a priest, mages have no dispel or self heals. So a priest is better for pvp overall

5. Not sure I can agree with you here. Having self heals is not the end all factor of making a class better for pvp (No even close). Also Mages do have a self heal with the right glyph.

There might be some helpful info here regarding this thread
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=328365
    Edited: June 20, 2016

6. Since you putting mage PvP on the table, I'm going to assume you playing as frost specc

Frost mage is actually more fun and more annoying, nice cc if you really know how to manage it, therefore yes, it has higher skillcap
    Shadow priest, while being aswesome in 1v1 and can support nicely aswell, they are easy CCable however, use los and / or shadow word death to avoid sheep for example and so on

If you got the time / patience, better try both and see what you prefer

7. I would say mage is more rewarding and fun to play (especially on higher ratings), but with priest you always have option to switch to discipline, which is by far the most interesting healer to play.

8. i think mages have much more potential for skills and once u master it it is more rewarding than a priest

9. MORE FROST MAGES PLEASE! (Tilted melee player here)

10. If you're a casual player, roll a spriest, u can top dmg faily easy hence makes u feel good about yourself for a bit. If u wanna play mage then consider arcane.

11. hey guys,

i want to start a new class and i cant decide between Shadow and Mage. I will mostly do BGs, Open World PvP , Duels and later also Arena for S8.
    Which class would u consider as more viable for the things i want to do? And which combos would be best for each class in 2s?
    If you planning for instantly gearing with shop go priest, but if you aim gearing with playing arena/battleground make mage. But from personal experience I can tell u playing mage is really boring because you can re-roll spec

12. if u have skill go for mage, if U DONT HAVE ANY SKILL WHATSOEVER do liek other noskill dudes do, go spriest, spriest is teh mover stupid class to play and no serious player or skilled player will ever go play spriest

13. Mage is far easier to be effective with than Shadow Priest.

All your abilities are high impact and don't require that much thought.

Your massive oh **** button (Ice block) can be used twice. You have the lowest CD counterspell in the game. Ice barrier is comparable to a Disc Priests PW:S. I could go on.

14. Xept as frost mage is much harder to kill anything then priest for example,you can simply spam dp versus noobs,your average player and get kill,where as oppossed to mage you cannot,.cuz ice lance does not deal 3k per hit.
    Mage in my honest opinion is much much harder to play then any caster.

123 Last