1. Wotlk 3.3.5a random game freezes

Good day!
    Im sick and tired of this and now its time to come to you.
    My wow freezes in specific encounters when in ICC. For example when lord marrowgar casts bonestorm. The game just stops responding and i can't alt tab it away. If i'm lucky it unfreezes after a minute or two. If not i made a custom cmd script that terminates the process and thats the only way. And even disabling most of them + setting graphics to low wont help.

Game: wotlk wod models
    pc specs:
    GTX 1050TI 4GB
    I5-8300
    8gb ram
    Addons:
    DBM
    Decursive
    GatherMate
    GatherMate_Data
    GearScore + Bonus Scanner
    Grid2
    Informant
    LilSparkysWorkshop
    MageNUggets
    NeedToKnow
    PallyPower
    RaidRoll
    Skada
    Skillet
    SnowfallKeypress
    Stubby
    Warmane_AH-fix

2. Good Day,

I am in a similar situation as you.

A few weeks back I purchased a new gaming laptop to replace my old laptop. What happens is that my screen will freeze for 10 to 20 secs and I am not sure what is going on. The only pattern that I can get is it will usually happen during ICC, not on any specific bosses, and it will freeze 2-3 times per raid.

I have set all my graphics setting to low but nothing seems to be working.

Specs are as follows:
    IntelĀ® Core i7-10875H Processor (8 Core 10th Generation Processor)
    NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6
    15.6 Inch 144HZ FHD Premium AHVA / IPS Wide Color Display (1920x1080)
    16GB (8GB x 2) DDR4 2666MHZ (Dual Channel)
    SSD: 512GB M.2 NVME SAMSUNG SSD (R:3500 | W: 3000 )
    HARDDRIVE: 1TB 2.5" HDD

Check if this has happened to anyone else and is there a solution to this? Not an enjoyable experience especially in ICC.

Thank you!

3. Wrath of the Lich King is a veeeeeeeeeery old expansion and it runs on almost deprecated graphics APIs.
    First of all, do the Large Address Aware on the wow.exe as suggested above. Second, make sure you have DirectPlay enabled( search turn windows features in the start menu). Run this to make sure you're not missing any of those old DirectX components(WotLK is, after all, using DirectX 9).
    The rest is spray&pray and hope windows 10 doesn't randomly decide to do its own sh*t in the background, hogging cpu cycles. Remember, it's an old game on new hardware/software - contrary to popular belief, it can't run perfectly.

Also, put the "wod models" client to rest. It's problematic. Just use the original 3.3.5 client with its original models.
    Edited: August 16, 2020

4. Wrath of the Lich King is a veeeeeeeeeery old expansion and it runs on almost deprecated graphics APIs.
    First of all, do the Large Address Aware on the wow.exe as suggested above. Second, make sure you have DirectPlay enabled( search turn windows features in the start menu). Run this to make sure you're not missing any of those old DirectX components(WotLK is, after all, using DirectX 9).
    The rest is spray&pray and hope windows 10 doesn't randomly decide to do its own sh*t in the background, hogging cpu cycles. Remember, it's an old game on new hardware/software - contrary to popular belief, it can't run perfectly.

Also, put the "wod models" client to rest. It's problematic. Just use the original 3.3.5 client with its original models.
    wow thanks. I tried your method for the past 3 ICCs and there wasnt any freezes occurrence at all!

gonna go for more ICCs and update here after maybe another week or so.