1. Improved channels

Hello, after playing actively on the server for a while I have noticed that global channels are just pure chaos and that unless you unlock the chat window and extend it to the full length and keep pressing the up arrow to stop the spam, you would never be able to catch up with what's being said.

I find that it's extremely annoying, infuriating and frustrating, leading to the point were channels are pretty much useless for the average player, absolutely repulsive by new comers and overall forgive my redundance, useless.

Trade is filled with LF messages, pseudo-intellectual debates, attention whores etcetera and global is just a joke.

My suggestion is simple yet efficient I believe:

-Make 1 channel addition: LFG.

-Censor keywords in the rest of the channels; In example if somebody types "LFM ToC 10H, must have achievement and 6.5k gs, no ach no inv, inspection at memo" give that person an auto message reminding him the propper use of the channels and obviously omitting his message on the channel.

-Create an auto message that reminds players the existence of the other channels and how to join them.

-Punish those who don't respect the channels. If a debate is ocurring in trade give a mute to them with again the auto message with the reminder of the other channels, so they can take the debate on global and let people on trade well, trade. Same with other channels, accordingly.

This would make channels much better organized, people would be able to trade goods without having to scroll up and down to dodge the pseudo-intellectual debates and the LFM messages in example.

I think it would make the server more appealing to new comers, less chaotic and more organized.

The elaborated suggestion comes from the fact that there have been multiple suggestions made regarding this topic but I thought they were not formulated in the right way, I hope this is a bit more useful, clear and better organized. However if you think that it's a duplicate just remove the thread.

Thanks and have a nice day.

2. What exactly do you want to see in global? If people couldn't read it no one would spam it. It serves it's purpose.

And Trade chat is great.

If your idea were good it would already be in game and it would happen organically. Go make custom channel "Char trade" and make it known to people, see how that works out.

I don't get it, why are people asking for more rules and more complications. I want to understand what's underneath it.

3. What exactly do you want to see in global? If people couldn't read it no one would spam it. It serves it's purpose.

And Trade chat is great.

If your idea were good it would already be in game and it would happen organically. Go make custom channel "Char trade" and make it known to people, see how that works out.

I don't get it, why are people asking for more rules and more complications. I want to understand what's underneath it.
    You don't like organization? You like to navigate into a botomless pit of trash and useless information that doesn't belong in a channel to find what you are supposed to find in that chanel by logical definition?

If I type /join trade I expect trade there, not a pitiful talk about the existence of god, nor to join a raid. If I wanted to join a raid or talk about the existance of god I would pretty much do it on "global".

4. May 1, 2019  
    But how are they going to get around if they are unable to type LFG/Looking for more/Looking for...etc in trade? They can be as much creative as they want, as soon as they input the wrong words the message will be automaticaly deleted. Don't you think this would be a nice feature to make the server more appealing and organized?

Best regards.

5. May 1, 2019  
    But how are they going to get around if they are unable to type LFG/Looking for more/Looking for...etc in trade? They can be as much creative as they want, as soon as they input the wrong words the message will be automaticaly deleted.
    L.F.G.
    L..F....G-
    L-F-G:
    ....L.....F......G
    l00king
    lo0king
    l0.0king
    l.o.o.king

Do I need to go on?

6. May 2, 2019  
    One moderator for 5 min per day can bring order into channels.

Its enough to ban 100-200 ppl for day and other will learn.

WTS *** character > 1 day account ban > next time go to trade and put him there
    Guild *** recruit > 1 day account ban > next time go to GR Chanel
    WTS some useless *** > 1 day account ban > go to AH and sell it

7. May 2, 2019  

And how about you take the first 30 seconds after joining on global to ignore those (about) 5 people that spam the char trade at that time and get a cleaner global channel, with only LFM and **** guild recru spam? There's this addon called ignoremore and it does wonders for me. You might want to try it out too.

8. May 2, 2019  
    And how about you take the first 30 seconds after joining on global to ignore those (about) 5 people that spam the char trade at that time and get a cleaner global channel, with only LFM and **** guild recru spam? There's this addon called ignoremore and it does wonders for me. You might want to try it out too.
    Sure, why not couple of thousand ppl every time when login to do that instead few ****les learn to obey the rules?

9. May 2, 2019  

Forum Moderators don't work in-game, just like Game Masters don't deal with anything in the Forums.
    Five minutes would do nothing. People log in and off every minute.
    Five minutes also wouldn't turn into "100-200 bans per day."
    People also learn and would just not spam in times a GM is watching.
    People also learn and would just create disposable accounts to do their spam while keeping their playing ones safe.
    Add to that the fact we have five servers, all would need the same treatment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the spam. When we started allowing players to sell characters, I right off the bat said we shouldn't allow that sort of advertising in the Forums. The other Moderators agreed and that has been a rule for three years. But doing that in the Forums is much simpler than doing it in-game for various reasons. In-game it's an uphill battle we don't have the contingent to win.

10. May 2, 2019  
    Forum Moderators don't work in-game, just like Game Masters don't deal with anything in the Forums.
    Five minutes would do nothing. People log in and off every minute.
    Five minute also wouldn't turn into "100-200 bans per day."
    People also learn and would just not spam in times a GM is watching.
    People also learn and would just create disposable accounts to do their spam while keeping their playing ones safe.
    Add to that the fact we have five servers, all would need the same treatment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the spam. When we started allowing players to sell characters, I right off the bat said we shouldn't allow that sort of advertising in the Forums. The other Moderators agreed and that has been a rule for three years. But doing that in the Forums is much simpler than doing it in-game for various reasons. In-game it's an uphill battle we don't have the contingent to win.
    I didn't say to ban every day 100-200, just when you ban that much other will learn.
    Its enough GM to login in prime time when channels move so fast.
    It will be hard to use disposable accounts when there is 2k ppl who wait to get in.
    If there is enough GMs to host hide and seek, I'm sure some of them can spend few min for that.
    How hard is to put msg when someone log in channel what the rules are?
    There is saying - If you want to do something, you find the way, if you dont - you find excuses.

Ty

11. May 2, 2019  
    I didn't say to ban every day 100-200, just when you ban that much other will learn.
    Its enough GM to login in prime time when channels move so fast.
    It will be hard to use disposable accounts when there is 2k ppl who wait to get in.
    If there is enough GMs to host hide and seek, I'm sure some of them can spend few min for that.
    How hard is to put msg when someone log in channel what the rules are?
    There is saying - If you want to do something, you find the way, if you dont - you find excuses.

Ty
    They will learn to get around the ban, not to stop doing it.
    There aren't enough GMs to do that. Even retail has spamming issues.
    Leave four clients in the queue while you play with your main, use them to spam when they get in, problem solved.
    GMs don't host that, Community Managers do.
    Not hard, just isn't going to change anything.
    Then why aren't you doing what DMT is suggesting instead of expecting us to divert resources into something you seem to not want to understand won't make a difference and is a downhill?
    Let me know when you become president and take a spaceship to walk on the surface of the Sun. You're not going to find excuses not to, are you?

12. May 2, 2019  
    Its clear that you dont want to solve that problem, so why I bother to make suggestions.

I dont think there is many impossible things, especially according playing games.

Have a nice day

13. May 2, 2019  
    So no Sun-Walking President Krei finding a way?

The great thing about thinking is that you can think anything and everything; it just doesn't means what you think is correct or accurate. Especially when you have limited perspective about the subject you're thinking.

14. May 2, 2019  
    I think talking to me like that from your moderator's chair its not very polite and show me a lot for you as person. And yeah, that subject is very difficult, as much as quantum physics.

12 Last