1. May 18, 2020  

Selling a char, need some pointers

Hello.

I wish to sell a Hpaladin i dont play at all but im unsure how to proceed, i never sold one. It have gear from Fos/pos/hor but without the bank the site values it to 169 which seems expensive for that gear. I also have like 200+ emblems that wont be included. Will these be completly wasted or can i use them in some way?

I got a few 264 items aswell. Is my best bet to just sell everything and put it up naked for 30, or should i spam trade and let someone decide what gear they wanna keep? From my understanding the character will be locked during the time its up for sale. I farmed all repus to exalted and got around 2k gold.. seems it should be worth alittle more than 30 that completly new chars sell for. But i might be wrong.

Please help a noob out. Thanks

2. May 18, 2020  
    Remove all bop items and keep boe equipped, buy orbs/primos/gems with the emblems and send it to your main.

Your character will now be 30 coins.

The likelyness to sell gets higher the better the offer is.

Think about:
    Fast flying
    Dual spec
    Maxed proffessions (incl cooking, fishing and first)
    Achievements

Ps; don't vendor the gear you use.
    If it doesn't sell you can always hop back on it and play it right from where you left it.

3. May 19, 2020  
    Putting it up on Trade is usually a waste because there's a huge amount of toons with gear for 100+ coins that nobody buys. If you leave it on your account you can even play it should you wish to do so until you sell it.
    If you spam global enough you'll find a buyer. Advertise it in a way that you can either sell it as is or keep removing items to the lowest amount of coins you need. Personally, I think if your char is nude but it has the Northrend reputations on exalted, dual spec, fast flying you could easily sell it for like 40 coins on Lordaeron.

4. May 19, 2020  
    I've sold over 10 chars on warmane trade w/o spamming any chat in-game.

Hezente's advices are overal very good tbh.

If Your character don't have any BiS (I mean really BiS, not pre-BiS etc), its worth no more than 30 coins (unless You have some really really rare achievs or mounts, with I do not assume).

So You gotta have:
    80 lvl naked - only BoE items equipped, the more the better tbh (even for few specs, its still ok)
    2 proffesions - imo its most desirable. Having 450 JC+BS / JC+engi / Engi+bs really makes it gamechanger and attracts a lot of potential buyers

I've had several transactions just with these things. However, there are many things that can rise Your chances. These are (from most desirable to last):
    - rare titles
    - cool, rare mounts
    - cool achievments, You don't have to get 5k+ etc, but some rs/icc 25 norm (even better if HC) are great
    - additional gold on character
    - fast flying
    - dual spec

You also gotta know that some chars are more desirable than others - I had no problems with selling 2 shammys resto (80+2proffs+some) in a few days, rogues are going ok, warriors ok, paladins tbh too. Biggest problems - druid, priest, hunter, mage (until You have some really expensive BoE's). Never gave a f*** about 2nd proffs for char that I put for 30 coins, that wasnt problem for buyers. It did matters when You are selling a char with some BiS for higher price.

That's all for me, if You want I can answer any other questions - just pm me.