1. my characters were deleted

any chance to save them? probably because inactivity

2. Reasons character(s) are deleted:

1. Inactivity Cleanup and Gold Squish for a healthier economy
    2. A player accessed an account and deleted them.

There's no recovering characters from inactivity cleanup.
    In the case of player deleting characters, you can check if they are still recoverable via https://www.warmane.com/account/services. Only works for a limited time after character deletion. Coin items can be recovered through https://www.warmane.com/account/support.

3. No recovering characters from inactivity at all?! damn that's tough love right there.

4. No recovering characters from inactivity at all?! damn that's tough love right there.
    That is pretty... strange.

Why is there a cleanup for inactive at all? I mean that is pretty harsh considering people do stop playing and then come back from time to time. What is the reason? Surely the data required for the characters is not that high?

Also what is the time required to be flagged as inactive?

5. That is pretty... strange.

Why is there a cleanup for inactive at all? I mean that is pretty harsh considering people do stop playing and then come back from time to time. What is the reason? Surely the data required for the characters is not that high?

Also what is the time required to be flagged as inactive?
    nvm saw the link in point 1.

Its a yearly thing by the looks?

6. nvm saw the link in point 1.

Its a yearly thing by the looks?
    It has been roughly once a year so far, and it takes not logging in on the character once for it to happen.
    Also, making one donation of the minimum to make your account Premium makes your whole account immune to getting characters deleted in a clean-up. Premium accounts can only lose the names if inactive.